From May 2023 you will need to provide photographic ID to vote. Please note that for this is not a requirement for this election.
Amesbury Town Council have taken the decision that poll cards will not be sent to electors if the election is contested.
Number of seats: 1
Amesbury (West) is a joint council with
- Amesbury (East)
- Amesbury (South)
- Amesbury (West)
Electoral Area Boundary
Note:Boundary is an approximation.
© Crown Copyright and Database Rights 2023, Ordnance Survey 100049050. © Copyright Getmapping PLC.
|Publication of Notice of Election||Tuesday 21 February 2023|
|Nomination Packs Available to Candidates from||Tuesday 21 February 2023|
|Nominations can be received between 10am-4pm from||Wednesday 22 February 2023|
|First Notice of Alteration||Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|Deadline for Withdrawal of Candidate||4 PM Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|Deadline for Receipt of Nominations||4 PM Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|Statement of Persons nominated||4 PM Thursday 2 March 2023|
|Deadline for Register to Vote||Friday 10 March 2023|
|Deadline to cancel or amend existing postal or proxy arrangements||5 PM Monday 13 March 2023|
|Deadline for New Postal Vote Applications||5 PM Monday 13 March 2023|
|Notice of Poll||Monday 20 March 2023|
|Final Notice of Alteration||Monday 20 March 2023|
|Deadline for Proxy Vote Applications||5 PM Monday 20 March 2023|
|Deadline for Appointment of Poll and Count Agents||Tuesday 21 March 2023|
|First Day to Issue Replacement Postal Ballot Papers||Wednesday 22 March 2023|
|Day of Poll 7am to 10pm||Tuesday 28 March 2023|
|Deadline for Replacement Postal Ballot Papers||5 PM Tuesday 28 March 2023|
|Deadline for Receipt of Emergency Proxy Vote Applications||5 PM Tuesday 28 March 2023|
|Deadline to alter Register due to clerical error||9 PM Tuesday 28 March 2023|
|Deadline for receipt of Candidates Expenses||Tuesday 25 April 2023|
- Nomination Pack
- Guidance and Forms for Election Expenses
- Nomination Online Booking
- West Elections Expenses Limit 7kb
- Emergency Proxy - Employment 121kb
- Emergency Proxy - Medical 127kb
- West Notice of Election 6kb
- Timetable 44kb
- West Statement of Persons Nominated 8kb
- West Situation of Polling Stations 4kb
- West Notice of Poll 6kb
- Thursday 2 May 2013 as Amesbury (East)Full council election
- Thursday 2 May 2013Full council election
- Thursday 5 February 2015No reason given
- Thursday 4 May 2017 as Amesbury (East)5 year cycle
- Thursday 4 May 20175 year cycle
- Thursday 10 October 2019 as Amesbury (East)Deceased
- Thursday 2 April 2020 as Amesbury (East)Resignation
- Thursday 6 May 2021 as Amesbury (East)End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
- Thursday 6 May 2021 as Amesbury (South)End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
- Thursday 6 May 2021End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
Last updated: Monday, 27 March, 2023