From May 2023 you will need to provide photographic ID to vote. Please note that for this is not a requirement for this election.
Amesbury Town Council have taken the decision that poll cards will not be sent to electors if the election is contested.
Number of seats: 1
|GOLDTHORP, Marguerita Lynne commonly known as GOLDTHORP, Rita||The Conservative Party Candidate||273|
|HAGGER, Alan Stuart||Liberal Democrats||472||Elected|
|The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows||Number of|
|A||want of an official mark||0|
|B||voting for more Candidates than voter was entitled to||1|
|C||writing or mark by which voter could be identified||0|
|D||being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty||0|
|E||reject in part||0|
|Total spoiled papers:||1|
|Vacant Seats: 1||Electorate: 4,308||Ballot Papers Issued: 746||Turnout: 17.32 %|
Amesbury (West) is a joint council with
- Amesbury (East)
- Amesbury (South)
- Amesbury (West)
Electoral Area Boundary
© Crown Copyright and Database Rights 2023, Ordnance Survey 100049050. © Copyright Getmapping PLC.
- Nomination Pack
- Guidance and Forms for Election Expenses
- Nomination Online Booking
- Timetable 44kb
- West Declaration of Results 16kb
- Thursday 2 May 2013 as Amesbury (East)Full council election
- Thursday 2 May 2013Full council election
- Thursday 5 February 2015No reason given
- Thursday 4 May 2017 as Amesbury (East)5 year cycle
- Thursday 4 May 20175 year cycle
- Thursday 10 October 2019 as Amesbury (East)Deceased
- Thursday 2 April 2020 as Amesbury (East)Resignation
- Thursday 6 May 2021 as Amesbury (East)End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
- Thursday 6 May 2021 as Amesbury (South)End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
- Thursday 6 May 2021End of four-year cycle, full council elections.
- Thursday 8 June 2023Resignation of Cllr Ashley Brindley
- Thursday 8 June 2023 as Amesbury (South)resignation of Cllr Michael Brannon
Last updated: Thursday, 7 December, 2023